Spring Break is just around the corner and there are so many great things you can do in Tampa Bay while the kids are off from school.
Here is a list of a just a few things you can do as a stay-cation while you have the time off from school/work:
- Dave & Busters is still new in town. Play some games and eat with the family. Half off games all day on Wednesdays.
- Sports: Catch a game! The NHL Tampa Bay Lightning and the MLB Tampa Bay Rays and Spring Training home of the New York Yankees.
- Lowry Park Zoo
- Busch Gardens & Adventure Island water park is officially open for the season. If you purchased the Busch Gardens Fun Pass that also included admission to Adventure Island, then you’re in luck. Hop between parks for a day filled with adventure.
- Weeki Wachee Spring State Park: An affordable family day trip is not too far away. Spend the day at Buccaneer Bay.Slip and slide on the waterslide, watch a mermaid show, play on the playgrounds, catch the animal shows and more.
- Splash Pads are everywhere for the little ones.
- Pottery and painting locations around Tampa is great for all ages and it makes for a great family keepsake. Many locations offer discount days on their studio fee. Find the closest pottery studio and check out their calendar for discounts/specials. Kids of all ages will love to create their own masterpieces.
- IKEA Tampa Kids Academy is in swing during Spring Break! Check out their daily schedule of fun crafts and free food for kids.
- Most U-Pick Strawberry Farms are open for the season. With prices as low as 50 cents a quart, it’s definitely worth the trip.
- Parkesdale Farm Market: Get a strawberry milkshake and their world famous, strawberry short cake in Plant City. You’ll love it, trust me.
- Studio Movie Grill & AMC: $5 movies on Tuesdays! Studio Movie Grill in Tampa offers an eat-in experience while watching a movie. Or get a discount on movies in IMAX or Dolby at AMC.
- Drive-In movie theatres will bring you bring you back in time and save you a few bucks off of your movie ticket for spring break.
- Goodrich Quality Theatres in Gibsonton on Fridays, Saturdays and Sunday mornings have FREE Spring Movies Series.
- Manatee Viewing Center is giving free admission before they close for the season in April. Make sure to visit the new ray tank while you’re there. After your visit with the manatees, take a short drive to the beautiful Ringling Museum in Sarasota.
- The Ringling Museum in Sarasota offers free admission on Mondays to their Museum of Art, including special exhibition galleries. Huge playground onsite for the little ones. Regular admission pricing applies if you wish to visit the Circus Museum or Ca’d’Zan.
- Heritage Village: An open-air living history museum in Largo, FL from Wednesday-Sunday for free admission. See more than 31 historic buildings dating back to the 19th century. While you’re there, walk over to the nearby beautiful and well kept Florida Botanical Gardens for free admission.
- The Mini Doughnut Factory in Tampa: Mini Doughnuts is the newest craze and the greatest part– customization!
- Frozen Yogurt/Ice Cream: We have yet to meet a child who doesn’t love Froyo! There are so many locations and you can even find them in gas stations.
- Hibachi Grills across Tampa Bay: A dinner and a show. Kids eat free at Kobe on Tuesdays when you register for their rewards program.
- Indoor trampoline parks are perfect for children, tweens and teenagers. Manic Mondays at Airheads Trampoline Park offers unlimited jump in pairs for only $12.50 per jumper! Locations in Tampa and St.Pete/Clearwater area. Visit Altitude Trampoline Park in March on Monday-Thursday from 10am-9pm and Friday from 10am-3pm get 3 hours of jump for only $20!
- Florida Hospital Center Ice in Wesley Chapel has a open skate session and Spring Break Camps. The newest and largest hockey center in the southeastern U.S. is right in our backyard.
- United Skates Tampa (rollerskating) is constantly having deals, and spring break is no different.
- Celebration Station in Clearwater has a great Spring Break special for unlimited play on their go-karts, bumper boats, and so much more.
- Vertical Ventures (Tampa & St. Pete): Bring the family and climb the walls! They have a Tuesday special that offers $10 Admission for students. Tampa Location Only. You can also stop by for their 2-for-1 Admission every Saturday evening from 6pm to 10pm.
- Bowling: PinChasers has three locations in the Tampa Bay area and have daily specails. Also, Located on the waterfront at Sparkman Wharf in downtown, the original Splitsville has just undergone a renovation and offers more than 10 pin bowling.
- Beach: Seems only fitting to make it to the beach during spring break. Thankfully there are so many to choose from and it’s an easy and cheap way to entertain the entire family. Some of our favorites include Honeymoon Island, Siesta Key and Pass-a-Grille beach.
More places to go >> HERE
[Source: Family Friendly Tampa Bay]