Here are some tips to keeping you warm and save money without ever turning on the heat.
With this cold front coming through, these tips can help you and your pocket….
- Leave the workouts for the morning or late evening and take a nice cool shower.
- Eat food that contains lots of water: cucumbers, watermelon, etc.
- During the day, go to the aquarium, mall or even the library to avoid adjusting your home A/C.
- Wear loose clothing, especially light colored.
- Keep a spray bottle with water in the refrigerator for a quick refreshing spray to your face.
- Point fans out the windows so they push hot air out, and adjust ceiling fan settings so the blades run counter-clockwise, pulling hot air out.
- Choose cotton bedding, it has great ventilation .
- Place a bowl or tray of ice in front of a fan to create a cool breeze.
- Turn off the lights and close the windows.
- Soak your feet in cool water right before bed. Keeps the body colder at night.
- Best tip: Go out to the pool or beach and eat some ice cream!
Hope these tips help you!