Things You Might Not Know About The Movie Elf
The movie Elf is turning 20 years old this year and there are some things about the movie that you may not know about. Elf came out in 2003 with Will Ferrell starring as Buddy the elf. The movie made $220 million when it was in theaters in 2003. Now it is become a holiday classic that is shown every year on television. This was actually Will Ferrell’s first movie after leaving Saturday Night Live.
E! Online put together twenty facts about the movie Elf that you may not know about.
Some Of The Fun Facts About Elf
- The movie was actually written in 1993 and was supposed to star Jim Carrey. He dropped out between then and the movie being made almost 10 years later.
- The costume that Buddy the elf wore was actually modeled from the elves from the 1964 movie Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- The burp that buddy releases that is 12 seconds long actually wasn’t performed by Will Ferrell. It was actually performed by voice actor, Maurice LaMarche. Maurice is best known for voicing The Brain on the show, Pinky and The Brain.
- I know you’ve all been wondering if it is really cotton balls that Will Ferrell is eating when he’s at the doctors office. No, it is actually just pieces of cotton candy that had yet to be dyed.
- Another fun fact is, yes, Will Ferrell really does eat the maple syrup coated spaghetti and candy during the scene in the kitchen.
- The scene between Buddy the elf and Santa inside the department store was only done in one take. It took the art department weeks to decorate the scene so the Director just said destroy it in one take.
- Will Ferrell had a chance to make a second elf movie that would’ve made him $29 million for the movie. But he turned it down because he thought people would only say he did the movie for the money.