Tampa expands free driverless vehicle ride program. Located in downtown Tampa, the HART SMART AV offers shuttles to several popular areas. This is so cool. But, you go first, I’l wait here.
The pilot program, HART SMART AV, runs from 9 a.m. through 10 p.m. daily. The daily routes connect Tampa Riverwalk, Armature Works in Tampa Heights and the Straz Center. As a pilot program, the rides are free.
Here are a few things you’ll need to know before riding the BEEP autonomous cars:
- You should arrive at the stop 20 minutes before the shuttle is to arrive.
- Sit and fasten seatbelt. The shuttle will not operate without passengers properly buckled in.
- Children must ride with an adult. Must bre 16 or older to ride without adult supervision.
- Only carry items that can fit comfortably on your lap.
- No eating or drinking is permitted on shuttle, but food cam be transported in closed bag or container.
- Service animals or companion animals are permitted aboard
- In case of emergency, follow instructions from shuttle attendant. You can also interact with the attendants, as they know downtown Tampa and can help give directions and other information.
Click here for more route map and details.