Be honest, what is your biggest motivation to exercise? My #1 reason for working out (if you can call it that) is to Get Outside, and away from the daily “noise”.
I don’t do much, but I do it every day. A trainer friend years ago told me, “…you can’t out-train a krappy diet”. Then she told me I was getting fat. Haaa. Yea, just FYI, the fuel is part of the training program. But, hearing “you’re gettin fat” became the #1 motivator for a bit. So. It worked.
The Pandemic has changed gym routines and any and all group training and allowed us to sit homes for months deciding what to eat. That brings me to the #2 reason I work out a little. I’m getting fat. You too? Or, maybe you’re getting a new job? Or looking for a new job? Whatever “your” reason, I’m cheerin’ ya on!
A new survey asked people to share everything that motivates them to exercise, and here are some of the less popular but totally valid reasons:
1. I have a school reunion coming up.
2. I want to post about my workouts on Instagram.
3. I want to get back at childhood bullies.
4. I want to beat my friends’ scores on an exercise app.
5. I’ve been comparing myself to celebrities.
6. I’m starting a new job.
7. I want an excuse to buy new exercise clothes.
8. I don’t like how I look on video calls.
9. I want to improve my skin.
10. I want to be able to reward myself with unhealthy food. (i might insert 3 glasses of wine here)
Check out all fifty reasons HERE >>