This news makes my skin crawl even thinking about it…
According to Terminix, five Florida cities were recently ranked among the top 50 for bed bug infestations.
All for Bed Bug Awareness Week: Terminix said it based its rankings on the number of bed bug services done in each city in the past year. Orlando ranked 19th and Tampa ranked 20th…
So nasty, now I have no interest in going to any hotel this Summer. Yuck!
Terminix also shared some tips:
- Check headboards, mattresses and box springs in hotels for live bed bugs and/or dark blood spots.
- Full-grown bed bugs are about the size, shape and color of an apple seed. Newly-hatched nymphs are cream-colored and the size of letters on a penny. They can be found in the tucks and folds of sheets.
- Hang all clothing. Leave nothing lying on the bed or hotel furniture.
- Avoid storing belongings in hotel furniture drawers.
- Store suitcases on a luggage rack away from the bed.
- Vacuum suitcases when you get home, and wash clothing in hot water.
- Between trips, store luggage in sealed plastic bags in a garage or basement.
[Source: Terminix ]