Making your plans for a night out for the weekend? It’s always smart to start here. Friday nights we bring you the weekly report from inspectors checking in on local Tampa Bay restaurants. Keep in mind, just like where you work, we can all have a bad day so hopefully these places will clean up their act. Here’s the report from Channel 8 for December 5-15, 2019.
T’Asia Sushi Bar & Thai Cuisine in Pinellas Park had the most problems this week. 10 of their 37 violations were marked high priority. Cough medicine was next to food in the cooking area, they observed employee handwashing and food handling issues, and one employee with a wound didn’t have the required protection while they handled food. Inspectors found food in the cooler that had “mold-like growth” and rodent droppings were found. The place has fantastic ratings on Yelp. You can’t get much better than 4-1/2 out of 5 stars. Several said T’asia is their favorite spot for sushi in St. Pete.
Other restaurants with 20 or more violations on this report:
- Zigzag Scallop in Hernando Beach: 33 violations
- The C House in Tampa: 29 violations
- Andros Greek Grill & Pan Pizza in Tarpon Springs: 27 violations
- Tasty Pho in Pinellas Park: 25 violations
- Grillsmith in Tampa: 25 violations
- My Nanny’s Restaurant in Spring Hill: 25 violations
- Captain Jack’s Waterfront Grille in Tarpon Springs: 24 violations
Here’s last week’s report if you missed it: