Restaurant Inspections Report: Bad Start For New St. Pete Pizza Spot
Making your plans for a night out for the weekend? It’s always smart to start here. Friday nights we bring you the weekly report from inspectors checking in on local Tampa Bay restaurants. Keep in mind, just like where you work, we can all have a bad day so hopefully these places will clean up their act.
Perry’s Restaurant in St. Pete had the most problems this week with 44 violations. The place just opened in June according to their Facebook page. Their Yelp listing says they offer “authentic Greek and Italian dishes.” In the half year they’ve been open, only one visitor has left a review – but it was a positive one. Channel 8 reports inspectors found dozens of rodent droppings in several areas of the place. Raw foods like chicken and beef weren’t stored correctly next to ready to eat foods. The report also shows “mold like growth” was found on cheese.
Other restaurants with 20 or more violations on this report:
- Happy Hangar Café in Lutz: 40 violations
- Dragon Phoenix USA in St. Pete: 35 violations
- Edison: Food & Drink Lab in Tampa: 30 violations
- Suncoast Bar & Grill in Homosassa: 30 violations
- Treasure Island R Bar in Treasure Island: 29 violations
- Wok N Roll in Clearwater: 28 violations
- Average Joe’s Bar & Grille in Largo: 27 violations
Here’s last week’s report if you missed it: