Making your plans for a night out for the weekend? It’s always smart to start here. Friday nights we bring you the weekly report from inspectors checking in on local Tampa Bay restaurants. Keep in mind, just like where you work, we can all have a bad day so hopefully these places will clean up their act.
Buffet City in Brooksville had the most problems this week with 32 violations. Channel 8 reports inspectors found flies in the food storage area and food was being stored at the wrong temperature. They also noted that food expiration times were not marked and the soda dispenser nozzles had a “black/green mold-like substance.” The place has ok reviews on Yelp… about 3.5 out of 5 stars. But even reviewers have noticed some health issues. Bill P. from Tampa says he saw an employee drop a piece of fish on a dirty counter and put it back on the buffet tray. Holly V. is a fan though. She says they always have fresh food. She liked the low prices for steamed clams.
Other restaurants with 20 or more violations on this report:
- The Brown Boxer Pub & Grille in Madeira Beach: 24 violations
- Courtside Grille in St Petersburg: 25 violations
- Steak N Shake (Ulmerton Road location) in Largo: 26 violations
- Acropolis Greek Taverna in Tampa: 30 violations
- The Getaway in St. Pete: 31 violations
- Limalimon in Tampa: 31 violations
- Jessi’s Family Restaurant in Pinellas Park: 27 violations
Here’s last week’s report if you missed it: