Making your plans for a night out for the weekend? It’s always smart to start here. Friday nights we bring you the weekly report from inspectors checking in on local Tampa Bay restaurants. Keep in mind, just like where you work, we can all have a bad day so hopefully these places will clean up their act.
Inspectors used a lot of ink when writing up their report this week. Suncoast Bar & Grill in Homosassa had the most issues this week with 57 violations, from food storage temperature problems to rodent activity. They saw 20 dry droppings on top of a freezer. And the men’s room needed some attention too. Known for their Hard Whiskey Bread Pudding, country fried steak and gator nuggets, the place scores well on Yelp with 4 out of 5 stars from reviewers.
Other spots flagged by inspectors this week with 15 or more violations, according to Channel 8:
- Chick-Fil-A (7020 Highway 19 location) in Pinellas Park: 20 violations
- Steak N Shake (2490 SR 580 location) in Clearwater: 19 violations
- Taqueria El Flako in Tampa: 18 violations
- Origami Sushi in Tampa: 19 violations
- Beef O Brady’s in Dade City: 18 violations
- The Lure in St. Pete: 21 violations
If you missed it, here’s last week’s report.