Arrghhh mateys! The holidays aren’t over yet here in Tampa. It’s a local tradition that New Year’s resolutions don’t start in Tampa until after Gasparilla. So feel free to drink like a pirate and munch on some awesome brunch specials included in Downtown Crawlers 6th annual Gasparilla bar crawl. There are at least 15 bars participating in the crawl that you will have free cover to and more perks!
The invasion and parade is happening on Saturday, January 28th in Tampa. The invasion is where the pirate ship called the Jose Gasparilla, emerges at the south end of Hillsborough Bay followed by hundreds of boats. That happens from 11:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
Then it is time for the Parade of Pirates, which happens from 2:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. The parade begins at Bay to Bay and Bayshore Blvd. It continues along Bayshore Blvd. to Brorein St., turns east on Brorein St., then north on Ashley Dr. The parade ends at Cass St. & Ashley Dr. The parade is free to attend, but you can purchase reserved bleacher seating. Tickets cost $70-$85 depending on which seating area you pick.
The party doesn’t stop at the parade! The Gasparilla Pirate Fest will also have two stages with live entertainment pre and post parade in Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park and MacDill Park. Entertainment announcements should be coming soon!
There are a few different ticket levels for the Gasparilla Bar Crawl. You can purchase a crawl only ticket ($29), brunch crawl ticket ($69), or VIP crawl with brunch ($89). Here’s what’s included with your ticket:
- Free welcome shot at 5 locations of your choice (max. 1 per location)
- Buffet Style Brunch from 9am-12pm (VIP/Brunch tickets only)
- Bottomless Mimosas from 9am – 12pm (VIP/Brunch tickets only)
- Guaranteed entry into the Big Wave Treasure Cove on Bayshore during parade (VIP tickets only)
- Access to 15+ bars across Downtown Tampa, South Tampa and Ybor
- Free cover to all participating venues (where applicable)
- Instagram Costume Contest (Win free tickets!)
- Exclusive Drink Specials
- Professional Photographer