We all scream for ice cream but we cheer for pizza! In a new survey you’ll be surprised where Tampa ranks for the best pizza in America and what cities it beat!
The website Anytime Estimate scored the top 50 cities in America on their “pizza prowess.” OK, what exactly is “pizza prowess?” Well, in today’s day and age, you can collect a huge amount of information and data and spit out the results. For this survey, they used the following metrics and multipliers:
- 5x: Google Trends interest in 20 pizza variations
- 3x: Pizza restaurants per 100,000 residents
- 2x: Pizza restaurants per square mile
- 2x: Google Trends interest in general pizza terms
- 1x: Independent pizza restaurants per 100,000 residents
- 1x: Average price and affordability of cheese pizza (the cheaper the better!)
- 1x: Average price and affordability of pepperoni pizza (again, the cheaper the better)
- -1x: Big chain pizza restaurants per 100,000 residents
So after all that number crunching, here are your Top 15 best pizza cities in America:
- St. Louis
Tampa coming in at #12, wow! Here’s what they said about the Tampa pizza scene:
Home of the NHL’s Lightning, Tampa residents can find quality pizza in a flash. The city has a restaurant every 1.75 miles, 38% better than the average city we studied. Tampa also has 4.3 independent pizza restaurants per 100,000 residents — seventh-most of the cities we measured.
Fans of Tampa pizza must have an affinity for the Mediterranean, as the city ranks No. 4 in search interest for Greek pizza and No. 5 in interest for Neapolitan pizza.
What blows our collective mind is that New York City ended up at #22. Some other Sunshine State cities made the Top 50: Orlando #25, Jacksonville #35, and Miami #45. You can check out the entire list here.
[SOURCE ABC Action News]
5 Ways To Save Money On Groceries
Filling up your fridge can be expensive and you may not even realize you are overshopping. Here are five tips on how to save money on groceries. Not only can this help you save money but it could also lead to a healthier lifestyle.