Tampa Bay venues require negative COVID tests for events. In the last couple of weeks, venues in the Tampa Bay area have been updating their COVID protocols for events. This is on the heels of the delta variant spikes.
Here is a list of what we know as of today (9/7). Today the Straz Center released its implementation of additional health and safety protocols. It is always a good idea to check the day of your event to see if the venue you are visiting has updated or changed its requirements.
According to a press release, guests will be required to show proof of the following to enter the Straz Center:
- A negative PCR test administered by a medical provider/official testing center no earlier than 72 hours before the time of their performance. OR …
- A negative rapid antigen test administered by a medical provider/official testing center no earlier than 24 hours prior to the time of their performance. Home testing kit results will not be accepted for entry.
- A CDC vaccination card proving an individual is fully vaccinated may be voluntarily presented at the door as an alternative to a negative COVID test result.
MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre
According to their website, starting October 4th, prior to entry into MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre, ALL shows will require attendees to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of the event OR full COVID-19 vaccination (at least two weeks after final dose). Proof must be a PRINTED copy of a negative test result or vaccination, or the original vaccination card.
Select artists and shows will require these same entry protocols BEFORE October 4th (Maroon 5).
At this time they have not changed their protocols since the end of last hockey season, however some specific events have their own requirements.
For the Harry Styles concert at Amalie Arena on October 10th:
- Ticket holders must provide proof of a negative COVID19 diagnostic test within 48 hours prior to entry
- Ticket holders are required to wear a face covering at all times except while actively eating or drinking
Raymond James Stadium
Earlier this month a team’s spokesperson told Channel 8 that have no plans to require proof of vaccination for fans. Masks are recommended for fans while indoors and all staff will be wearing masks inside the stadium. Click here for more information on the stadium’s health and safety protocols.
QYK Florida Country Concerts Update
Here’s a list of upcoming QYK concerts in the Tampa Bay area… and a few that are worth the road trip!