I’ve heard that “what you do with your grocery cart” says everything about “how nice you are” or not. Nice, as in respectful and kind to others. If you leave your cart alongside someone else’s car, especially blocking their door, you don’t get it. If you return the cart “all the way” to a bin or the store, you get it. If you walk away while the cart is rolling downhill, you may end up in prison someday.
Grocery deliveries have skyrocketed since COVID-19. For those who have not been in a while, check out the Readers Digest “15 Rude Things” you might not want to do at the grocery store. Here are the Top 5 Grocery Store Manners Tips.
1. Don’t leave your cart in the middle of the parking lot. It blocks parking spaces, and it’s just annoying. Take the extra 30 seconds to return it.
2. Don’t leave the checkout line to go grab another item. If the line is three people deep and you’re still waiting, fine. But once you’re checking out, you can’t leave.
3. Don’t block the aisle with your cart. Move it to the side so other people can get by. We’re still in a pandemic, so no one wants to touch your cart to move it.
4. Gaming the “10 items or less” lane. Don’t line up with 15 items and expect no one to notice. A recent poll found 89% of us think “10 items or less” should be a strict rule, and even 11 isn’t okay.
5. Letting your kids misbehave. The grocery store isn’t a jungle gym. They can have fun and be kids. Just don’t let them get too crazy.
See the Readers Digest story HERE
5 Ways To Save Money On Groceries
Filling up your fridge can be expensive and you may not even realize you are overshopping. Here are five tips on how to save money on groceries. Not only can this help you save money but it could also lead to a healthier lifestyle.