Election Day is not until November 3rd but early voting has begun in Florida.
Voting lines are expected to get LONG in the Tampa Bay area but it seems as though if you vote early that might help you and the many others voting. Good news is that you can vote early at any location listed in your county, it does not have to be at your regular polling location. Just make sure it is in your county! If you plan to vote early, make sure to bring a valid photo identification and a signature identification to your early voting site. Check out the list of early voting locations below from WFLA:
*For more details on early voting in each county CLICK HERE*
Early voting in Hillsborough County takes place from Monday, Oct. 19 to Sunday, Nov. 1.
The county has 26 locations that are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily for voters to come and cast their ballots.
- 401 Channelside Dr in Tampa
Apollo Beach Recreation Center
- 664 Golf and Sea Blvd in Apollo Beach
Austin Davis Public Library
- 17808 Wayne Rd in Odessa
Bloomingdale Regional Public Library
- 1906 Bloomingdale Ave in Valrico
Bruton Memorial Library
- 302 W McLendon St in Plant City
C. Blythe Andrews, Jr. Public Library
- 2607 E Dr. MLK, Jr. Blvd in Tampa
Fred B. Karl County Center
- 601 E Kennedy Blvd in Tampa
Jan Kaminis Platt Regional Library
- 3910 S Manhattan Ave in Tampa
Jimmie B. Keel Regional Library
- 2902 West Bearss Avenue in Tampa
Maureen B. Gauzza Public Library
- 11211 Countryway Blvd in Tampa
New Tampa Regional Library
- 10001 Cross Creek Blvd in Tampa
North Tampa Branch Library
- 8916 North Blvd in Tampa
Northdale Recreation Center
- 15550 Spring Pine Dr in Tampa
Northwest Regional Office
- 4575 Gunn Hwy in Tampa
Port Tampa Community Center
- 4702 W McCoy St in Tampa
Providence West Community Center
- 5405 Providence Rd in Riverview
Raymond James Stadium: Voting Entrance on Himes
- 4201 N Dale Mabry Hwy in Tampa
Riverview Branch Library
- 10509 Riverview Dr in Riverview
Robert L. Gilder Elections Service Center
- 2514 N Falkenburg Rd in Tampa
SouthShore Regional Library
- 15816 Beth Shields Way in Ruskin
Southeast Regional Office
- 10020-S US Highway 301 in Riverview
Temple Terrace Public Library
- 202 Bullard Pkwy in Temple Terrace
Town N Country Regional Public Library
- 7606 Paula Drive in Tampa
USF TECO Hall (Anchin Center)
- 4110 USF Apple Dr. in Tampa
University Area Community Center
- 14013 N 22nd St in Tampa
West Tampa Branch Library
- 2312 W Union St in Tampa
Voters in Hillsborough County can check online to see what the wait times are for each early voting site.
“We are a large county and I want our voters to have plenty of options, so I’ve added extra sites and we will be open the maximum number of days and hours allowed by law,” Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections Craig Latimer said in a statement. “In these uncertain times, I encourage voters to vote early if you can. If you get sick, or someone you care for gets sick, you may not be able
to vote on Election Day.”
Latimer told 8 On Your Side there could be lines at the polls on Monday because the county usually sees a lot of enthusiasm and this year they have to follow CDC guidelines due to the coronavirus pandemic.
“I want to remind voters that we have 14 days of Early Voting in our county, so if they go Tuesday or Wednesday, it’s likely to be less busy than on Monday,” he said.
Early voting in Pasco County is scheduled to take place from Monday, Oct. 19 to Saturday, Oct. 31.
The county has more than a dozen early voting locations that will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
East Pasco Government Center
- 14236 6th St in Dade City
Alice Hall Community Center
- 38116 5th Ave in Zephyrhills
New River Library
- 34043 State Rd. 54 in Wesley Chapel
Advent Health Center Ice
- 3173 Cypress Ridge Blvd in Wesley Chapel
Land O’ Lakes Recreation Complex
- 3032 Collier Parkway in Land O’ Lakes
Pasco County Utilities Admin Building
- 19420 Central Blvd in Land O’ Lakes
Odessa Community Center
- 1627 Chesapeake Dr in Odessa
West Pasco Government Center
- 8731 Citizens Dr, Ste 110 in New Port Richey
Regency Park Library
- 9701 Little Rd in New Port Richey
South Holiday Library
- 4649 Mile Stretch Dr in Holiday
- 8012 Library Rd in Hudson
Wiregrass Ranch Sports Campus
- 3021 Sports Coast Way in Wesley Chapel
Veterans Memorial Park
- 14333 Hicks Rd in Hudson
J. Ben Harrill Recreation Complex
- 2830 Gulf Trace Blvd in Holiday
Pasco County Supervisor of Elections Brian Corley told 8 On Your Side his office anticipates lines, saying it’s inevitable. But he hopes voters take advantage of the different options they have for casting ballots.
Early voting begins Monday, Oct. 19 and ends Sunday, Nov. 1 in Pinellas County.
There are five early voting locations that will be open daily form 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Supervisor of Elections Office: County Courthouse
- 315 Court St., Room 117 in Clearwater
- Voter parking spots will be designated in parking lot
Supervisor of Elections Office: Election Service Center
- 13001 Starkey Rd., Starkey Lakes Corporate Center in Largo
Supervisor of Elections Office: County Building
- 501 First Ave. N. in St. Petersburg
The Centre of Palm Harbor
- 1500 16th St. in Palm Harbor
SPC Allstate Center
- 3200 34th St. S in St. Petersburg
Early voting in Polk County will take place from Oct. 19 through Nov. 1.
The county has nine early voting locations set up that will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
Polk Street Community Center
- 1255 Polk St in Bartow
Polk County Sheriff’s NE District Office
- 1100 Dunson Rd in Davenport
Haines City Library
- 111 N 6th St in Haines City
Polk County Government Center
- 930 E Parker St in Lakeland
Simpson Park Community Center
- 1725 Martin L King Jr Ave in Lakeland
James P. Austin Community Center
- 315 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd N in Lake Wales
Mulberry Civic Center
- 901 NE 5th St in Mulberry
Poinciana Community Center
- 395 Marigold Ave in Poinciana
Gill Jones NE Polk County Government Center
- 3425 Lake Alfred Rd in Winter Haven
“Early voting is expected to draw a record number of voters this year, so there may be some lines at times,” Polk County Supervisor of Election Lori Edwards told 8 On Your Side. “I don’t expect anyone to have to wait multiple hours as has been reported in other states.”
Edwards pointed out there are more Election Day precincts than there are early voting locations.
“As a result, lines are almost always shorter at Election Day polling location,” she said. “So here’s my tip for voters: If you want to vote in person, and your schedule permits, vote at your Election Day polling location between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. That’s usually the least busy time to vote.”
Get the full list of Tampa Bay county early voting information HERE!
[Source: WFLA NEWS CHANNEL 8]
Some of Our Favorite Places Around Tampa Bay
Here are some of our favorite places to visit within the city limits. Might also be good places to take your out of town guests, too!
Tweet us @995QYK and tell us some of your favorite spots to visit in Tampa?