With most of the 4th of July firework displays in Tampa Bay being canceled this year (thanks coronavirus) means many of you may try to put on your own displays.
A fireworks safety reminder is always good, even for the most advanced. Hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July!
In this pandemic world, we are all using hand sanitizer. However, fireworks and hand sanitizer don’t mix. The effective hand sanitizers are at least 60-70% alcohol, hence the issue when paired with fireworks. Just wash your hands with soap and water.
A couple of other things to keep in mind from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission :
- READ THE DIRECTIONS FIRST (if there are any).
- Light fireworks one at a time, then move away quickly.
- Never point or throw fireworks (including sparklers) at anyone.
- Make sure fireworks are legal in your area.
- Only purchase fireworks that are labeled for consumer use.
You can find more firework safety information here!
No Fireworks For Fourth Of July? Here’s How To Celebrate: