This is a really good idea. Closing the roads could help businesses follow social distancing guidelines as they start opening back up.
Not that you’re doing a bunch of driving around right now, but just a heads up that there will be some roads closed.
The City of Tampa will shut down some of its streets to cars to allow local businesses to hold more outdoor seating options and give people more room to socialize at a distance.
As part of the state’s “phase one” reopening plan, restaurants can have outdoor seating as long as the tables are six feet apart.
Here is a list of roads that will be closing Today:
- E Twiggs St from N Tampa St to N Franklin St
- N Franklin St from E Madison St to E Polk St
- S Dakota Ave/W Snow Ave from W Swann Ave to S Rome Ave
- E 7th Ave from N 15th St to N 19th St
- N Franklin St from E Kay St to E Palm Ave
- W Grand Central Ave from W Kennedy Blvd to S Hyde Park Ave
- S Howard Ave from W Morrison Ave to W Bristol Ave
You can find a map of all the closures here.
The city said it expects the closures to last about two weeks.
Restaurants are allowed to have indoor seating at 25-percent capacity.
Retailers are also allowed to open back up at 25 percent capacity.
Found the story from WSTP.com
Coronavirus Update: What’s Open, What’s Closed In Tampa Bay