Many offices across Florida and the Tampa Bay area are taking special precautions to make sure the spread of Coronavirus slows down.
Hillsborough County Tax Collector offices are feeling the effect too:
Effective Tuesday, March 17, the following offices will close until further notice:
- AAA – 1701 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, Florida 33607
- Downtown – 601 E. Kennedy Blvd. 14th Floor, Tampa, Florida 33602
- East Tampa – 2814 E. Hillsborough Ave., Tampa, Florida 33610
- Plant City – 1834 James Redman Parkway, Plant City, Florida 33563
The following offices will remain open until further notice with limited service:
- Brandon – 3030 N. Falkenburg Rd., Tampa, Florida 33619
- Drew Park – 4100 W. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Tampa, Florida 33614
- North Tampa – 3011 University Center Drive, Suite 150, Tampa, Florida 33612
- Southshore – 406 30th St. SE, Ruskin, Florida 33570
The services suspended at the locations listed above include:
- Road tests for driver licenses
- Concealed Weapon License Permits
- Hazardous Material Endorsement
- Vehicle for Hire – Public Vehicle Driver License
They are limiting the number of customers to 50 on the locations that are still open, by appointment ONLY!
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has given an extra 30 days for those in the state to renew driver licenses and ID cards that expire in the next 30 days.
For more information, please visit www.hillstax.org or call the Tax Collector’s Office at 813‐635‐5200 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tampa Area Businesses: Who’s Open, Who’s Closed, Who’s Limiting Hours & Services