Everyone else is the problem… Can we all just get it together? No need for it to take an hour for me to get from St.Pete to Tampa.
Random traffic jams can come out of the blue, but Tampa police say they can occur from common – and unnecessary – driving habits.
Try to avoid these driving habits:
- Don’t stay in the left lane if other drivers are passing you
- Don’t tap your brakes over and over
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily
Now, when it comes to good driving habits, Officer Paz suggested the following
- Try to maintain a constant speed while you’re driving
- Be smart and patient when lanes are narrowing.
- Try to let people merge and use the “zippering” technique. One car in one lane merges, one car in the other lane merges, and so on.
More here: FOX 13 NEWS