Free Museum Day is Sept. 21st. and there are a bunch of Tampa Bay area museums that’ll be participating this year.
Here’s a full list of participating museums in St. Pete:
Imagine Museum, located at 1901 Central Avenue
- Admission free on 1st floor
- All visitors can sign up to receive 2 Bounce back Coupons for a return visit at a 50% off General Admission price. Must be used by 12/31/19. Events not included.
- Retail Sales: Spend $25 and receive a FREE gift. Educational Toys & Games B2G1 FREE. Buy 10 Marbles & receive a free marble booklet. HUGE Clearance Sale.
- Must be in line by 4 p.m.
Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum, located at 2240 Ninth Avenue S.
Florida Holocaust Museum, located at 55 Fifth Street S.
- Anyone who visits the museum between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, will get free admission.
Museum of Fine Arts, located at 255 Beach Drive NE.
- Free admission for everyone
- 20% discount on new memberships
- Pop up origami folding station in the lobby. Fold a paper crane, fox, whale, and more
- Family activities and games in the Marly room
The Dali Museum, located at 1 Dali Boulevard
- Free admission for Pinellas County residents with a valid ID
- Non-Pinellas residents who purchase regular-price admission will receive a voucher for a free return visit valid through October 31, 2019
The James Museum of Western and Wildlife Art, located at 150 Central Avenue
- Admission includes access to our current special exhibition, Environmental Impact II
- Explore the galleries with a fun scavenger hunt and hands-on activities for kids
- Due to the high volume of visitors, there will be no public tours
Florida CraftArt Gallery, located at 501 Central Avenue
- “Beautiful and Bizarre” figurative ceramics invitational exhibit Is open through Oct 20
Morean Arts Center, located at 719 Central Avenue
- FREE Saturdays at the Morean activities for children 5 – 10 with a guardian in the “Bank of America Children’s Learning Center”
- EXHIBITS: “Artofficial Intelligence: The 8th Annual St. Petersburg Robot Exchange” – “You Can Feel What We See: Works by Pinellas County Students” – “Morean curated at the Hermitage: Richard Seidel” (located at 151 7th St. S.)
Morean Art Center for Clay, located at 420 22nd Street S.
- Featuring an exhibit of work created by their 2019-20 Artists in Residence. The 48 working artists with studios at the Center also have a wide selection of hand-made pottery and sculpture on sale in their retail areas.
The Chihuly Collection, located at 720 Central Avenue
- The Chihuly is FREE for children under 5 and $3 for WIC and EBT Card Holders through the “Museums for All” program, an ongoing offer that will also apply on Sept. 21.
St. Pete Store, located at 100 Second Avenue NE.
- 10% off store purchases, no minimum
For more information on Free Museum Day throughout St. Petersburg, please click here.
Additional counties participating:
Cracker Country in Tampa
Florida Museum of Photographic Arts in Tampa
Henry B. Plant Museum in Tampa
Tampa Bay History Center
Tampa Museum of Art
The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature
Explorations V Children’s Museum
Polk Museum of Art