Primary Menu

ABC Action News reports that approximately 50 teachers and staff members are sick from norovirus following a teacher’s appreciation event. They think this happened May 9 at Clark Elementary School. They say it was catered by a local restaurant but are not saying which one yet. Fortunately no students are said to be sick. Norovirus causes vomiting, diarrhea, fever, abdominal pain, nausea and headaches. It’s spread through person to person contact or through contaminated food or water. They say hand washing is key to prevent spreading the virus but hand sanitizers are not effective.

More on this story: ABC Action News

Hey it's Geno. Thanks for reading. Got something to add to this story? Connect with me on Facebook, Instagram or tag @Q105Geno on Twitter.