This is the best excuse to prepare for hurricane season early this year.
Florida hurricane season runs from June 1st to November 30th and we just got approval from Florida lawmakers to make a tax holiday for the season.
Several hurricane preparedness supplies won’t be subject to sales tax in Florida from May 31 to midnight June 6, including:
- Portable self-powered lights like candles, flashlights or lanterns for $20 or less
- Gas or diesel fuel container for $25 or less
- Batteries, including AAA, C, 6-volt, AA, D-cell and 9-volt, for $30 or less
- Coolers and ice chests
- Portable generators for $750 or less
- Bungee cords, ground anchor systems, radios, ratchet straps, tarpaulins, tie-down kits and plastic sheeting for $50 or less
- Reusable ice for $10 or less