NASCAR driver Denny Hamlin did not feel well during a race and something seriously went wrong.
During his race at Dover, carbon monoxide gas began seeping inside of his #11 race car. Denny Hamlin said he felt sick and experienced double vision and was treated by medical staff on pit road after he finished the race in 21st place. According to the AP, Hamlin’s car had been struck by debris on the track, which knocked out his rear right crush panel and created an opening which allowed the dangerous fumes to enter the inside of the car.
.@dennyhamlin was being attended to by medical staff on pit road once he exited his car. Looked exhausted.— Davey Segal (@DaveyCenter) May 6, 2019
He was seen on a golf cart being wheeled away for further treatment. #NASCAR pic.twitter.com/2pEIA6Ac1s
All is better now, Denny Hamlin told reporters he is feeling much better and is wanting to return to the track to race at Kansas Speedway this weekend. Tough guy! Glad he is doing much better.