(Photo by Brian Blanco/Getty Images)

So scary. These pictures are hard to look at so fair warning! A day of fishing turned into a nightmare for a Pinellas County man. He hooked his hand, but didn’t think much of it. He was about 20 miles off the coast of Palm Harbor. First there were blisters. Then he went to doctor to get antibiotics. When that didn’t work, there was a late night emergency room visit. The doctors say he got there just in time. Had he not gone in, he might not have survived much longer. They still don’t know what strain of bacteria it was. He’s since had 3 surgeries and is recovering at home.

Hey it's Geno. Thanks for reading. Got something to add to this story? Connect with me on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.