Primary Menu

Launa

Weekdays 10AM-3PM

I have a ton of these toys at my house that my dog plays with…I’m sure you do to!

Man…this makes me soooo sad.  I have a ton of rope toys at home just like this.  And of course, this isn’t going to happen to EVERY dog…it’s just a good idea to be aware that it has happened.

A woman’s 14-month old golden retriever died after swallowing a rope toy that she had purchased.   She says that she came home to find the rope toy in shreds and hoped that her pup didn’t swallow any of it. The dog began vomiting and had diarrhea and died two days later.  The vet found three feet of the rope in the dog’s stomach.  It’s intestines had been perforated.

Vet experts agree that rope toys can be dangerous since pets have a tendency to eat part of the toy.  The rope can act like a “drawstring” and cinch up the pet’s organs.  Ugh…it’s this awful!

This is what she posted:  I had no idea!!!

The ball unraveled and tore several holes in her intestines as she tried to pass it.   The damage from the rope was so extensive that she passed away two days later.  We did not even have the option of having another surgery. She quickly became septic and bled from her intestines into her stomach

The danger lies in the rope. The ball unravels into several feet of rope that dogs can swallow.  Linear objects pose more danger because they travel along the intestines causing more damage as they clinch the intestines into a tight ball.

Just breaks my heart.

Read more HERE

Dangerous rope toys! Beware!!Warning to all dog owners! I purchased several rope toy balls for my dogs at Home...

Posted by Indira Tuckler on Thursday, February 28, 2019