(Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images)

Mom's Terrifying Warning Will Make You Think Twice About Letting Your Little Kids Eat Popcorn

If you're kids like eating popcorn before bed...then you need to read this.

Now... I get it.  Not every time your kids eat popcorn are they going to experience something like this....it's a fluke thing...but it's good to know so that if something does seem a little off...you can go back and say...ya know, I remember reading that article Launa posted about that child that got really sick after eating popcorn....maybe I should call the doctor to be safe.  So that is why I am posting about it today.

 

Nicole Johnson Goddard, a mother of three shared her story on Facebook after her son, Nash, choked on some popcorn during movie night. He seemed fine, but the next day things got worse.

She wrote "He had a fever, so I gave him Motrin and put him to bed,  A very long night with him and then his breathing looked a little labored to me and he just didn't feel good. I called my pediatrician immediately."

The Doctors performed an X-ray and a bronchoscopy and found that Nash had sucked popcorn into his lungs during his choking attack. His body thought the popcorn was foreign and began to develop pus pockets which caused pneumonia.  OMG... can you imagine?

Nash had to undergo two surgeries in order to remove the popcorn, but he recovered nicely.

Now Goddard is sharing the warning she got from doctors, which is that popcorn shouldn’t be given to children under five and when it comes to your kids "Always trust your gut because it's right!"

Under 5??  I've never heard of that.  Oh...and I love that her son's name is Nash!!!  How cute!

Read more about this HERE

Now that I’ve had a chance to sit and reflect on a very unfortunate but eye opening event that our family encountered. I...

Posted by Nicole Johnson Goddard on Sunday, February 24, 2019