It’s the biggest sports event of the year – the Super Bowl. The Tampa Bay Area will be represented.
There are six Bay Area football players at the Super Bowl. Five different schools will be represented – two from Lakewood High. Four players on the Los Angeles Rams; two on the New England Patriots
Along with Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady, the Bay Area has two members playing for New England:
- Albert McClellan (Kathleen High School in Lakeland, FL)
- Going for his 2nd Super Bowl title.
- Isaiah Wynn (Lakewood High School in St. Petersburg, FL)
- The first round pick has missed most of the season due to a torn ACL.
There will be four players on the quest for the Lombardi Trophey from the Los Angeles Rams:
- Dante Fowler Jr (Lakewood High School in St. Petersburg, FL)
- Hopes to bring a Super Bowl back to LA.
- Nickell Robey-Coleman (Frostproof Middle – Senior High school in Frostproof, FL)
- Who is now part of the most memorable moments in NFL Playoff history as the man who got away with pass interference in the NFC championship game against the Saints
- Ramik Wilson (Thomas Jefferson High School in Tampa, FL)
- Helped provide an unforgettable season in 2010 when his Jefferson Dragons captured the 3A FHSAA State title.
- Tyler Higbee (East Lake High School in Tarpon Springs, FL)
- First player from the program to appear in the Super Bowl.
This is pretty dang cool! Let’s root on these Tampa natives.
More info HERE.