Here are some tips to keeping you warm and save money without ever turning on the heat.
With this cold front coming through, these tips can help you and your pocket....
- Put a rug on it: Cover up your bare floors with a rug.
- Bake up something: Stews, roasts, casseroles and soups are made for the cold weather because they cook at low temperatures for a long period of time and, of course, they warm you up going down.
- Drink something WARM: Wrap your hands around a warm mug of tea, cocoa or coffee.
- Let the sun in: Open curtains and blinds during the day.
- Change your bedding: Switch to flannel sheets, a down comforter, use extra blankets.
- Clean the house or do some exersize: Not only will your house be cleaner but activity will get your blood pumping.
- Cover your head: It sounds silly but wearing a hat (and socks) to bed at night, even if the rest of you is clad in skimpy clothing, will keep you warm.
- Make it muggy?: Use a humidifier. Humid air feels warmer. No humidifier? Open the bathroom door while you're showering.
- Reverse the fan settings: We've heard that, since heat rises, running your ceiling fan in reverse will push the warm air back down to the ground.
- Do your laundry: Nothing warms you up like clothing straight from the dryer. Pop your blanket in the dryer for 30 mins and it will keep you toasty. Or throw your towel in the dryer in for the same length for right after you get out of the shower.
- Block drafts: Cover the drats with weather stripping, a rolled up towel or a draft stopper.
- Cuddle: Snuggle up with your friends, your significant other, or (even better) your pet.
Hope these tips help you!
According to Apartment Therapy.