Restaurant Inspections Report: Giant Problems at Lutz Pizza Place
Making your plans for a night out for the weekend? It’s always smart to start here. Friday nights we bring you the weekly report from inspectors checking in on local Tampa Bay restaurants. Keep in mind, just like where you work, we can all have a bad day so hopefully these places will clean up their act. Here’s the report from Channel 8 for December 17-22, 2019.
New York Giants Pizza in Lutz had the most problems this week with a total of 47 violations. Cleanliness was the big issue inspectors had with this place… from the bathrooms to the microwave. The place gets BLASTED on Yelp. With 26 reviews, they only have 1 out of 5 stars rating. Reviewer George W. from Tampa said the “pepperoni tastes like something that should never be eaten by humans.” Another, Kevin from Tampa, says the pizza dough had “the consistency of pre chewed bubble gum.” Other reviewers tore the place apart for its slow delivery and bland taste of the pizza.
Other restaurants with 20 or more violations on this report:
- Nickel City Restaurant & Bar in Pinellas Park: 37 violations
- Sunsets Restaurant in Lutz: 28 violations
- The Queens Head in St. Petersburg: 27 violations
- Paradise Café in Tampa: 27 violations
- Loon Fong Restaurant in Pinellas Park: 29 violations
- La Fondita De Leo in Clearwater: 27 violations
- La Teresita in Pinellas Park: 25 violations
Here’s last week’s report if you missed it: