Imagine going to get a pedicure and nearly losing your leg as a result? That was the frightening reality for Tracy Lynn Martinez.

The North Carolina woman went to a salon back on June 22nd to get a pedicure. Things were going fine until the nail tech used a callus scraper. Martinez received two small cuts on her heel.

The next day she had chills and was vomiting. She thought she had a cold and decided to sleep it off, but the next day the pain from her leg was too much. She went to the hospital.

The woman was diagnosed with cellulitis. Cellulitis is an infection caused by bacteria. It’s caused when bacteria enters a wound. She had to spend two weeks in the hospital.

Read more here