(photo: U.S. Army)
Each weekday morning at 6:55, we’ll honor our members of the military with the Soldier Salute! It’s your opportunity to give a shout out to someone you know who is currently serving, who has served in the past, who paid the ultimate price… anyone who has given their time for our country.
Sending your Soldier Salute is easier than ever! It takes less than 60 seconds:
- Download our QYK App (CLICK HERE to download)
- Once you open the app, click on the menu button in the top corner (located on the left for Android users, on the right for Iphones)
- Click the option for “Leave A Soldier Salute”
- Hit the “Start Recording” button and speak into the mic of your phone
- Once you hit “Stop Recording,” hit “Submit Your Recording” when ready to send
- Before recording, jot down a few notes about the person you’d like to salute.
- The app allows you to record for 30 seconds. If you need more time, simply send your salute in two separate recordings. We will edit them together.
- Don’t worry about sounding perfect. We can edit & fix little mistakes.
What To Include In Your Salute:
- Introduce yourself
- Mention who you are saluting (Name, Military Branch, Rank, and how you know the person)
- Talk a little about what they do/did in the military, possible accolades, maybe a quick funny story
- You can also mention why you’re proud of them
Tune in weekday mornings at 6:55 for the Soldier Salute!
Don’t have our app? Download it for FREE below!
Plus, once you have our app, you’ll be able to listen to your favorite songs, interact with DJs, enter the latest contests, and MORE!
iPhone? Droid? We’ve got you covered – click a link below to get started!